The Jiffy Bot Manager is used to manage the developer bot in a machine. It can be found on the task bar:
The following actions can be performed using the Bot Manager:
Modify Jiffy Settings
When the Jiffy URL or the license key needs to be updated, do the following:
- In the Bot Manager menu, go to Settings > Modify Jiffy Settings.
- Enter Jiffy Server URL and License Key.
- Click the SAVE button to save the details.
To view the machine details, do the following:
- A window opens and displays the machine details.
- Unique ID: A unique identifier (UID) is a numeric or alphanumeric string that is associated with a single entity within a given system. UIDs make it possible to address that entity, so that it can be accessed and interacted with.
- FQDN: A fully qualified domain name (FQDN) is the complete domain name for a specific computer, or host, on the internet.
- Machine Name: Machine name is the combination of FQDN and Unique ID.
- In the Bot Manager menu, click the to Start Developer Bot option.Developer Bot dialog box appears.
- Specify the following details:
- Jiffy URL: This field is auto-populated with the URL of the Jiffy service running on the machine.
- Jiffy Username: Username of the user.
- Jiffy Password: Password of the user.
- When the login credentials are authenticated the console window appears.
- To stop the Bot, click the Stop Developer Bot option.
Client Version Upgrade
- Click the icon from the Taskbar.
- Click the Check for updates option.
- Click the Update button if any latest version of Jiffy Client is available.
- After the download is finished, the installation begins. Finish the installation and reboot the machine.
To know more about Jiffy Bot Upgrade, click here.
Bot starts only if the version numbers of both client and the server matches.
Register Developer Bot
Right click the Bot Manager in the toolbar and select the Register option.
You will get the message “Jiffy Client got registered with the Jiffy Server successfully” after registering.