Jiffy Insert/Update node is used to insert or update data in Jiffy Table.
The output of Jiffy insert/update node is the UUID of the rows that have been inserted/updated.
You can use Table Functions to perform different operations on Jiffy Table.
Data Tab of Jiffy Insert/Update Node
In Data tab, select the action to be performed in Action drop-down. Three actions available are:
To insert data into a Jiffy Table:
- Select Table: Select table into which you want to insert data.
- Columns: Columns in the table are listed.
- Data to be inserted into the respective columns can be provided in two ways:
- As a constant in the Variable field (as shown in the Execution State field).
- Select the Variable to be assigned. Click the icon next to the Variable field and select an input variable (as shown in the EmployeeID field).
To update data in a Jiffy Table, do the following:
- Select Table: Select table in which you want to update the data.
- Specify UUID of the row to be updated in the Variable field. This helps to identify the row that must be updated.
You can provide a constant value or select the input variable for UUID.
- Columns: Select columns to be updated. All columns of the selected table are listed.
- Enter data to update for each column. You can provide a constant value or select an input variable.
- Click the and + icons displayed against each column to delete the column or add another column.
To insert data into Jiffy Table in bulk, the required data should be passed to Jiffy Insert/Update node as a table from the preceding node.
- The input variable must be configured to receive data as a table:
- Navigate to the Variables tab.
- Change Type of the mapped variable to Table. By default, it will be text.
- Select name of the Data Table to receive data from Select Value drop down. All the Data Tables are listed here.
The selected Data Table should have same number of columns as the mapped table.
- Enter data to be inserted:
- Select Table: Select table into which you want to insert data. All columns of the selected table are listed in the Columns section.
- You can provide a constant value. All records in the table are inserted with the constant value for the column.
Or select an input variable in the Variable field of the required column.
Input variable of the table is in the format Table_Name.<column1_name>, Table_Name.<column2_name> etc.
All Input/Local variables of Jiffy Insert/Update node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default and Custom DataTables created in the task are displayed under the Table Definition tab.
Properties of Jiffy Insert/Update Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on no result? options as required.
Result of Execution of Jiffy Insert/Update Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The input variables that are mapped to the node are displayed.
- Output: The output of Insert and Update actions in the node is the UUID of the row.
- Run Info: The information of the run such as Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds), and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds) are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The output of Bulk Insert action in the node is displayed in Formatted Output tab as a Single Column table consisting of the UUID of the inserted rows.