Google Docs is a free word processor offered by Google.
Design the Action steps for Google Docs Node
In the Actions tab, you can define actions to be performed in Google Docs Processing Node.
Click the Google Docs node to open the attributes pane. In the Actions tab, select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- G-Docs Functions: To select the required Google Docs Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
- Custom G-Docs Function: The Custom Google Docs functions are created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined Google Docs functions. All the User Defined Functions created in the HyperApp with Type selected as Google Docs gets listed in the drop-down.
- Call Function: To select other generic Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for a Variable as needed in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable.
All Input/Local variables of the Google Docs node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default/Custom DataTables in the task are displayed under the Table Definitions tab.
Properties of the Google Docs Node
- Navigate to the Properties tab and set the Name and Description properties for the node.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on Failure? options as required.
- Select the Cluster to run on the task from the Clusters drop-down.
Result of Execution in Google Docs Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The inputs mapped to the Google Docs node are displayed.
- Output: The results of the actions performed are displayed in XML format.
- Run Info: The Run Details and Machine Details are displayed.
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details of the steps designed inside the node, the status of each step, and the values stored in the variables are displayed.
- Formatted Output:The table data of the output variable with Type selected as Table is displayed.
When the Create Document (Travel_Invoice, ABCD+/, email@example.com) function is executed, a Google Doc with name Travel_Invoice is created.