Jira is a proprietary issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management.
Prerequisites for JIRA Node
- Create a JIRA account.
- To generate an API token:
- Navigate through the following path: Profile > Account Settings > Security > API Token > Create and manage API tokens > Create API token.
- Specify the label name in the Create an API token window and click the Create button.
- The token is generated in the Your new API token window.
- In your machine, install the required packages to execute the JIRA Functions. To install the packages:
- Open the command prompt.
- Execute the following command to change the directory to C:\jiffyservice\precompile\connector\requirements.
- Execute the following command to install the packages.
pip install -r jira.txt –user
If the command prompt is not recognizing pip, move the requirement files to the scripts folder and run the command C:\Python37\Scripts\pip install -r jira.txt.
Design the Action steps for JIRA Node
In the Actions tab, you can define actions to be performed in JIRA Processing Node.
Click the JIRA node to open the attributes pane. In the Actions tab, select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- JIRA Functions: To select the required JIRA Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
- Custom JIRA Function: The Custom JIRA functions are created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined JIRA functions. All the User Defined Functions created in the HyperApp with Type selected as JIRA gets listed in the drop-down.
- Call Function: To select other generic Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for a Variable as needed in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable. If this variable is toggled as an output variable in the Variables tab, it can be mapped to succeeding nodes of the task.
All Input/Local variables of the JIRA node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default/Custom DataTables in the task are displayed under the Table Definitions tab.
Properties of the JIRA Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on Failure? options as required.
- Select the Cluster to run on the task from the Clusters drop-down.
Result of Execution in JIRA Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The inputs mapped to the JIRA node are displayed.
- Output: The results of the actions performed are displayed in XML format.
- Run Info:
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details of the steps designed inside the node, the status of each step, and the values stored in the variables are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The output is displayed in the table format.
When Create Issue(ABCDCEF, https: //yourusername.atlassian.net, email@example.com, JC, Unable to login, Facing problems with login, QA, Bug, 12345, Issue, Low) function is executed, a new issue is created in JIRA with the name Invoices.