The REST API node allows the user to send and receive the JSON request using the Different http methods such as GET, PUT, POST, DELETE etc.
Configuration for REST API Node
- Click the REST API node to open the attributes pane.
- In Configurations tab, enter the following details:
- Enter the following details:
- Configuration Name: Name for the configuration.
- Protocol: Protocol type of the connection.
- Server URL: Server URL of the connection.
- Run on: Select either JIFFY SERVER or Cluster to run the node on.
- Port: Port number to establish the API connection with the server.
- Authenticate: Check this option if you wish to authenticate the connection.
- User Name: Username for the connection.
- Password: Password for the connection.
- Click the SAVE button to create the configuration.
Template is skeleton of the json structure required by the respective REST API method being called. It enables to pass data from the previous node to the REST API node.
An XML template can be created or uploaded in the File tab of the attributes pane.
Click the XML or JSON radio button to select the type of Template.
- Click the + icon.
- Enter Name and Description.
- Click the Select file button and select the XML file from the file manager window.
- Click the SAVE/UPLOAD button.
- Click the icon to upload a new file as the template.
- Click the icon to view the template.
- Click the icon to delete the template.
Properties of REST API Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on no result? options as required.
- Specify the following details:
- Method: Four methods are supported.
- GET: To fetch the details from the application.
- POST: To insert the details in the application.
- PUT: To update the details in the application.
- DELETE: To delete the details in the application.
- Path: Path to perform the selected Method.
- Input Template: Select the input JSON or XML template. Click the icon to view the selected template.
Applicable only for POST and PUT methods.
- Request Header: Header data for authenticating the API call. These must be space-separated.
- Response Content Type: This can be JSON or XML based on the type of template selected.
- Output Template: Select the output JSON or XML template. Click the icon to view the selected template.
- Response Header: Headers with additional information about the response, like its location. These must be space-separated.
Result of Execution in REST API Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The data in the selected Input Template set is displayed.
- Output: Execution status and output of the node execution are displayed.
- Run Info: The information of the run such as Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time(in seconds), and Total Node Execution Time(in seconds) are displayed.