Web UI node is used to automate web-based applications.
In a FlightBooking HyperApp, the actions in the Flight booking website are automated using Web UI node.
Configurations of Web UI Node
- Click the Web UI node to open the attributes pane.
- In Configurations tab, enter the following details:
- App: Select the application to be automated. All the applications that are open in the browser get listed in the drop-down.
- App Name: An intuitive name for the application so that it can be reused across similar process automation.
- Browser: Select the required Web Browser from the drop-down. The browser in which the application is open is auto-selected.
- Cluster: Select Cluster from the drop-down if you wish to run the node on Cluster. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Authenticate: Check this option if you wish to provide additional security to the App.
- Username: Unique name of the user.
- Password: String of characters used for authenticating.
Properties of Web UI Node
- Navigate to Properties tab and enter Name and Description.
- Select options for Run Mode and Take screenshot fields from the drop-down.
- Enable Close Application, Close Application on Error, Mark run Failure on Node Fail, Continue on Failure, and Lock After Run options as required.
Actions in Web UI Node
You can record the actions to be performed in the web application using JiffyUILearn App. To know more about how to record the actions, click here.
All the recorded UI Controls and actions are auto-listed in Actions tab, where you can modify actions as per automation flow.
All Input/Local variables created for the node are displayed under Variables tab.
All Default and Custom DataTables created in the task are displayed under Table Definitions tab.
Result of Execution in Web UI Node
After executing task, the Result of Execution window is displayed with the following tabs.
- Input: The input variables that are mapped to the Web UI node are displayed.
- Output: Execution status and the values of the output variables in the current node that can be mapped to the succeeding nodes are displayed.
- Run Info: The Run Details, Configuration Details, and Machine Details are displayed.
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Configuration Details include Configuration Name, App, Browser, URL, Clusters, and Config Level.
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, and Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details and status of each Line of Action inside the node are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The table data of the output variable with Type selected as Table is displayed.