The following sample task is created using the Polling Nodes and Database Node to automate the process of executing a database node continuously until it is stopped manually from the Task Execution screen.
Here, the task keeps executing continuously until it is stopped manually from the Task Execution screen.
- In the Task Design screen, click on the << icon present on the right-hand side toolbar to expand the Nodes section.
- Drag and drop the Start Polling, Database and End Polling nodes respectively from the Nodes section and align them in the following order:
Make sure that the Task Design screen is in Edit mode (the Edit button is highlighted in green colour).
- Double-click on the Start Polling node and specify the porperties.
- Double-click on the Database node.
- Select any existing configuration if it matches the criteria of the user or create a new configuration. Refer to Setting up Database Configuration
section for more details.
- Click on the Query tab and provide the required details.
- Click on the Properties tab and provide the required details.
- Double-click on the End Polling node and specify the porperties.
- Click on the Close icon and then on the Save icon.
- Make sure the Execution Bot is running. Refer Start/Stop Procedure.
- To execute the task, navigate to the Run Task screen.
- Click on the Run icon to execute the task.
- To observe the execution, navigate to the Execution History screen.
- Click on the Run ID to view the Execution Details of the task.
- To stop the execution of the task, do either of the following:
- Click on the Stop Run button on the Execution Details screen.
- On the Execution History screen, click on the Stop icon.
- Click on the STOP AFTER CURRENT NODE button to stop the execution of the task after the current node being executed finishes its execution
- Click on the STOP IMMEDIATELY button to stop the execution abruptly.