After running a task from the Run Tasks page, its execution must be monitored to ensure it is progressing as designed.
This can be done from the Execution History page.
The Execution History page displays the run details of the tasks executed from the Run Tasks page.
- Click the icon in the Tasks page to navigate to the Run Tasks page.
- Click the icon in the menu to navigate to the Execution History page.
The execution history of the tasks that have run is listed in the Execution History page.
The following details are displayed:
- Run ID: The ID assigned to the run of the task.
- Task ID: The ID assigned to the task when it was created.
- Title: Name given when the task was created.
- Priority: The priority assigned to the task. It can be Low, Normal, or High.
- Status: Status of the execution.
- Pending: Execution in progress.
- Passed: Executed successfully.
- Failed: Execution failed.
- Invalid: The task is invalid. This could be due to missing configurations in any of the nodes of the task, cluster not available, etc.
- Terminated: Execution stopped manually.
- Run Start: Time when execution started.
- Run End: Time when execution ended.
- Batch Run Tag: The tag name provided to the batch of tasks executed in bulk.
All the tasks in the bulk run have the same Batch Run Tag.
For the tasks that are executed individually, the Batch Run Tag is the same as the Title.
To view more details about each run, click the Run ID of the task.
The run details display:
- The Run ID, Task ID, Priority, Status, Title, Summary, Run Start, Version, and the Total Run Time of the task.
- Click the Task ID to navigate to the Design Studio and open the latest version of the task. Click on the EDIT button to modify the task as required.
- Click the Version to navigate to the Design Studio and view that version of the task. The task will be in view mode only.
- The status of execution of all the nodes in the task is displayed below the run details.
- Click on any of the nodes and click the icon to view the Result of Execution window
- The past run summaries of the task in the Execution History section.
- You can click on any past run of the task in the Execution History to view the details of that run. That run details and version are displayed in the right section.
You can use this option to compare the latest version of the task and the previous version executed in the past.
- Click the Re-run button to run the latest version of the task. You will be navigated to the Execution History page.
- Click the Delete run detail button to delete the details of the run.
Analyzing Execution Failure
- The Execution History and Run Details page help you to identify the task execution status, reason of failure if any, correct the failure, and re-run the task.
- Click the Run ID # 023309 of the failed task in the Execution History page to view the run details.
- Check the task display section to identify which node failed, you see that the Web Node has failed.
- Click the Web UI node and click the icon to open the node’s Result of Execution window.
- Navigate to the Step Data tab to find which step caused the failure. You note that a step of action was commented causing the failure.
- Click the Task ID to open the task in the Design Studio.
- Click the EDIT button and uncomment the step in the Actions tab of the Web UI node. Save the task.
- Click the Re-run button from the Run Details page, the updated task executes successfully.
- The Execution History and Run Details page help you to compare versions and identify reasons for failure and correct them.
A task with Task ID TK 000969 and Version v0.4 is executed, and the Status of the task is displayed as Failed in the Execution History page.
- Click the Run ID # 023309 of the failed task to view run details.
- You see that the Web Node has failed.
- In the Execution History section, you see that the previous run of the task, Run ID # 023308 has passed. Click that Run ID to view the details of that run. The run details of the Version v0.3 is displayed below the run details.
- Click the Task ID to open the current version v0.4 of the task in the Design Studio.
- Click Version v0.3 and open the version v0.3 of the task in view-only mode.
- Compare the two versions to identify what caused the failure and correct the current version of the task.