Jiffy Select node is used to retrieve data from Jiffy Table and Document Table based on different conditions selected.
Data Tab of Jiffy Select Node
In the Data tab, specify the criteria to fetch the data from the Jiffy Table.
- Select Table: Select table from which data must be retrieved.
- Column: Select columns of the table to be retrieved.
The column in the inline table are displayed in the Columns drop-down in the format <TableName>.<ColumnName>
- Specify the condition to fetch the data in the following fields:
- Condition: By default, where clause is used as the condition.
Only where condition is supported.
- Column: Select column to apply the condition.
The UUID column is selected by default even though it is not selected or displayed as a selected column.
- Operator: Select Operator (IN, EQUAL, LIKE, etc) used for the condition to retrieve the data.
- Variable: Provide the constant or select the variable against which the condition of selection needs to be applied.
The value specified in the Variables field is case-sensitive.
To fetch the details of rows where the FlightName is Air Asia, the conditions would be:
- Condition: where
- Column: FlightName
- Operator: LIKE
- Variable: Air Asia
- Row Limit: Provide the row limit for data retrieval. The default and recommended maximum row limit is 100.
- Processing type: Select Row Wise Processing or Bulk Processing based on the automation requirement.
- Row Wise Processing: The table contents are traversed row wise to get the result.
Ensure that the Iterate on this node’s output? field is toggled ON in the Properties tab to use the Row Wise Processing option.
- Bulk Processing: Entire data is processed in bulk and the output is stored in a pre-defined table.
- Table Definition: Provide Data Table name, if Bulk Processing is selected.
A Custom DataTable is created with the name given in the Table Definition field and the columns selected in the Columns drop-down to store the output data.
- Column: Select Column to apply order by clause.
- Type: Select the Order to sort by (Ascending or Descending).
- Wait for data: A toggle button is provided to specify the time to wait for retrieving the data.
- On turning it ON, two more parameters to be provided:
- Timeout (seconds): Maximum time in seconds the node must wait before time out.
- Interval (seconds): Maximum time in seconds the node must wait before it reruns the query to retrieve data.
- If the specified Timeout is complete and data is not retrieved, then the node fails.
- If data is fetched within the specified interval and before the specified Timeout, the execution will continue to the next node. It will not wait for the timeout specified.
- Turn it OFF, if you wish to process the query immediately without waiting for the data to be available.
- Lock row: This option ensures that same rows are not retrieved by another bot and updated while the current task is processing the retrieved rows. If this button is toggled ON:
- Selected rows are locked.
- No changes can be performed by other designers when records are in use. If records are accessed by any designer, then an alert Bot is working on the records is displayed.
- Lock must be released by using Unlock Row node, after the processing of retrieved records is complete.
- Update columns: This option is used to update the desired column of the selected record. If this button is toggled ON:
- Column selected in the Update Column field is updated with the value provided in the Variable field.
- If this button is enabled, Lock row field is disabled and vice versa.
All Input/Local variables of Jiffy Select node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default and Custom DataTables created in the task are displayed under the Table Definition tab.
Properties of Jiffy Select Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Iterate on this node’s output?, Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on no result? options as required.
Result of Execution of Jiffy Select Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The query executed is displayed.
- Output: If Row Wise Processing operation was performed in the node, output tab displays the result of the executed query consisting of columns selected in Columns in result set (space separated) field.
Click the Iteration # to see the details of each row.
- Run Info: The Run Details and Configuration Details are displayed.
- Run Details: Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, and Total Node Execution Time(in seconds).
- Configuration Details: Configuration Details include Configuration Name, JDBC Driver Class, Username, and Config Level.
- Formatted Output: If Bulk Processing operation was performed in the node, Formatted Output tab displays the result set as a table.