The Document Processing node is used to trigger:
- The Predefined Document Functions used to manipulate document or the document table, so that it meets the requirement of succeeding steps of the automation process.
Different actions like splitting the PDF, merging PDFs, extracting image/text from a specific area in the PDF, setting status/validations for columns in the Document Table, etc. can be achieved using this node.
- The Custom Document Functions created for specific requirements if not met by the Predefined Document Functions.
- The other generic functions.
If you have an Invoice Document that is a combination of multiple invoices, you can use the Document Processing node to trigger the Split PDF to Pages function. It splits the document into pages having one invoice each before processing it in the DOC Reader node.
If the Bank for which the Accounts Statement is received needs to be identified, use Document Processing node to trigger the Find Occurrence Of Dictionary Item function and use the function return value in the next steps of automation.
Design the Action steps for Document Processing Node
In Actions tab, you can define actions to be performed in Document Processing Node.
Double-click the Document Processing node and navigate to the Actions tab. Select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- Document Commands: To select the required Predefined Document Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
- Custom Document Commands: Custom Document functions are created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined Document functions. All the User Defined Functions created in the HyperApp with Type selected as Document are listed in the drop-down.
- Call Function: To select other generic Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for a Variable as needed in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable.
All Input/Local variables created for the node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default and Custom DataTables created for the Task are displayed under the Table Definitions tab.
Properties of Document Processing Node
- Navigate to Properties tab and enter Name, Description, and Clusters.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on Failure options as required.
All User Defined/Predefined Functions created for the HyperApp are displayed.
Result of Execution in Document Processing Node
After executing task, Result of Execution window is displayed with Input, Output, Run Info, Step Data, and Formatted Output tabs.
- Input: The input variables that are mapped to the Document Processing node are displayed.
- Output: The execution status and values of output variables in the current node are displayed. The output variables can be mapped to the succeeding nodes.
- Run Info: The Run Details and Configuration Details are displayed.
- Run Details: Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds), and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Configuration Details: Configuration Details include Configuration Name, App, Clusters, Browser, Initial URL, and Base URL.
- Step Data: The details and status of each Line of Action inside the node are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The table data of the output variable with Type selected as Table is displayed.