This section explains how to install and run Jiffy Bot on a Windows environment.
To know more about Infrastructure Requirement for the Prerequisites of BOT/windows, click here.
Bot Installation Steps
- Download the Jiffy Client installer from either of the following locations:
- Download location hosted in the internet. Consult Jiffy support team for different versions.
- Navigate to the Task Design Canvas and click the Download Client Installation option in the menu.
- To navigate to the Task Design Canvas, do the following:
- Create an App.
- Click the created app.
- Create a Task.
- Click the Task ID of the created task
- In the Choose what to download dialog box, select both the components and click the DOWNLOAD button.
Extract the downloaded file JiffyInstaller.zip.
The versions in the screenshots may differ from the version that the user is running.
In the extracted folder, right click the Jiffy-Bot-Manager.exe file, select the Run as Administrator option.
Click the Yes button to allow the app to be installed.
Click the Next button to start the installation.
Select the Complete option and click the Install button.
Close any instance of Google Chrome running during the installation, when the installer prompts the following dialog box. Click the OK button to continue.
In the installer configuration window, specify the Jiffy Server Domain Name and the License ID. Click the SUBMIT button.
These details are provided with the installation instructions.
Once the installation is complete, reboot the machine.
Run the Jiffy Diagnostic tool as admin from the extracted folder to ensure proper installation.
To do this:
- Double-click the Jiffy-Diagnostic-Tool file.
- Click the Run All Tests button to begin the diagnostics.
- Click the Download Report button after the diagnostics are done.
- Check the report to see that System Prerequisites, JIFFY Bot Prerequisites, and JIFFY Bot show the status as Passed.
Start Developer Bot
Right-click the task bar and start the BOT as shown below.
- Select the Start Developer BOT as shown below.
- Type the Jiffy username and password and click the Submit button.
- The Developer Bot is added successfully message is displayed. Click the OKAY button.
- The below window is displayed while the Bot starts.
- The Jiffy Service Console window is displayed. It displays status of tasks that are executed by the user in Jiffy.