The SAP UI node is used to automate SAP applications.
In a Material Management HyperApp, the Material data from initial purchase to utilization are captured in an Excel spreadsheet and are updated in SAP Application.
Configurations of SAP UI Node
- Click the SAP node to open the attributes pane.
In Configurations tab, enter the following details:
- App: Path of SAP application to be automated.
- App Name: An intuitive name for the application being configured so that it can be reused across similar process automation.
- Connection String: Connection address to connect to SAP system’s application server, for example, SAP IDES Access.
- Cluster: Select Cluster from the drop-down if you wish to run the node on Cluster. Otherwise, leave it blank.
Properties of SAP UI Node
- Navigate to the Properties tab, enter the Name and Description.
- Select the options for Run Mode and Take screenshot fields from the drop-down.
- Enable Close Application, Close Application on Error, Mark run Failure on Node Fail, Continue on Failure, and Lock After Run options as required.
Record UI of SAP Application
Enable GUI scripting feature of SAP in both Client and Server end, before you start recording the UI.
Record the UI of SAP application using either of the following ways.
- Click and highlight the element to be recorded. Press Ctrl key when the element is highlighted. To know more about how to record UI elements, click here.
- If the controls clicks navigate to next action, recording may not be possible. In such cases, use HIT Switch button. Once HIT Switch is pressed, the environment is ready for recording and you can only perform the control capturing. Hence this method can be considered more efficient and easy.
Click the HIT Switch button of the Jiffy UILearn application. Click on the UI elements to be recorded.
The recorded controls are listed under the selected Screen. Names and actions of controls can be edited as required.
Click the Stop Recording button on the Jiffy UILearn floating window after recording is completed.
Actions in SAP UI Node
In the Actions tab, all the recorded UI events are listed where you can design and modify the actions.
All Input/Local variables created for the node are displayed under Variables tab.
All Default and Custom DataTables created in the task are displayed under Table Definitions tab.
Result of Execution in SAP UI Node
After executing task, the Result of Execution window is displayed with the following tabs.
- Input: The input variables mapped to the SAP UI node are displayed.
- Output: Execution status and the values of the output variables in the current node that can be mapped to the succeeding nodes are displayed.
- Run Info: The Run Details, Configuration Details, and Machine Details are displayed.
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, Iteration ID, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Configuration Details include Configuration Name, App, Application Path, Clusters, and Config Level.
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, and Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details and status of the each Line of Action inside the node are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The table data of the output variable with Type selected as Table is displayed.