Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.
Prerequisites for AWS Node
- Create an AWS account.
- To generate an AWS Access Key and Secret Access Key:
- Navigate through the following path: Profile > My Security Credentials.
- In the Access Key tab, click the Create New Access Key button.
- The keys generated are displayed in the Create Access Key window.
- In your machine, install the required packages to execute the AWS Functions. To install the packages:
- Open the command prompt.
- Execute the following command to change the directory to C:\jiffyservice\precompile\connector\requirements.
- Execute the following command to install the packages.
pip install -r aws.txt –user
If the command prompt is not recognizing pip, use the command C:\Python37\Scripts\pip install -r aws.txt.
Design the Action steps for AWS Node
In the Actions tab, you can define actions to be performed in AWS Node.
Click the AWS node to open the attributes pane. In the Actions tab, select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- AWS Functions: To select the required AWS Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
- Custom AWS Function: The Custom AWS functions are created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined AWS functions. All the User Defined Functions created in the HyperApp with Type selected as AWS gets listed in the drop-down.
- Call Function: To select other generic Functions from the list in the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for a Variable as needed in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable. If this variable is toggled as an output variable in the Variables tab, it can be mapped to succeeding nodes of the task.
All Input/Local variables of the AWS node are displayed under the Variables tab.
All Default/Custom DataTables in the task are displayed under the Table Definitions tab.
Properties of the AWS Node
- Navigate to Properties and enter Name and Description.
- Enable Mark run Failure on Node Fail and Continue on Failure? options as required.
- Select the Cluster to run on the task from the Clusters drop-down.
Result of Execution in AWS Node
After executing the task, the Result of Execution window displays the following tabs:
- Input: The inputs mapped to the AWS node are displayed.
- Output: The results of the actions performed are displayed in XML format.
- Run Info: The Run Details and Machine Details are displayed.
- Run Details include Run ID, Sequence Number, and Total Node Execution Time (in seconds).
- Machine Details include ID, Name, Host, Port, Iteration Start Time, Iteration End Time, Iteration Time (in seconds).
- Step Data: The details of the steps designed inside the node, the status of each step, and the values stored in the variables are displayed.
- Formatted Output: The output is displayed in the table format.
When Create Instance(XYZ, ABC, ami-000000, JiffyInstance, us-east-2, Instance, t2.nano, Key) function is executed, a new instance with name JiffyInstance is created in AWS.