User Defined functions are custom functions created for specific needs if not met by the Predefined Functions. It allows you to write custom Python expressions based on automation requirements.
- Click the icon on the Design Studio Page.
- Select the Function option to display the Functions tab.
All User Defined Functions are listed with Name, Description, Created By, Updated On, and Type in the Functions tab.
Click the Predefined button to view all Predefined functions with Name, Description, Type, and Expression Variable.
Create User Defined Function
- Click the + icon on the Functions tab. Add New Function window opens.
- Enter the following details:
- Name: Name of the function
- Description: Brief description about the function
- Type: Select the type of function from the drop-down, for example, File.
The newly created function gets listed in the Functions tab along with other User Defined functions.
Edit User Defined Function
You can edit the newly created function and write Python code based on the automation requirement.
- Click the icon against newly created User Defined function.
- Click the + icon to add new Variable.
- Write the Python code in Function text box.
- Click the SAVE button.
- You can click the icon on the Function text box to copy the code to clipboard.
All User Defined functions created are listed in the Functions tab of the Node and are available for use in the Actions tab of the Node during Task design and also listed in the Functions tab.
The HTML tags script, img, a, svg, video, iframe, form, object, style, meta, isindex, and applet are not allowed in user-defined functions.