The UI Controls and Actions performed during recording are auto-listed in Actions tab.
You can edit the UI Controls and the actions, as per the automation flow.
Actions in Web UI Node
Navigate to the Actions tab, select one of the following options from the first drop-down:
- UI Event: Select the appropriate UI Event from the recorded UI events in the second drop-down. Based on the recorded UI Control, Actions are listed in the third drop-down.
- UI Component: A set of UI Controls are saved to reuse. Select the UI component from the second drop-down.
- Screen: All the recorded modules are listed. Select the Module from the second drop-down.
- Call Function: To select predefined or user-defined Functions from the second drop-down.
To know more about how to use Functions, click here.
- Set Variable: To set the value for Variables to use in further steps. The value set can either be a constant or another variable.
Confidence and Index
When the UI Control is captured through text or image recording, two additional parameters Confidence and Index need to be provided.
Confidence defines the percentage of match for the UI Control during task execution against the one which is familiarized.
It gives flexibility during execution even if the UI Controls do not match 100%. The values to be provided can range from zero to one.
If an 80% match is required, enter 0.8.
Index value defines the occurrence of an element in case if it is repeated on the same page.
On a webpage, Submit button is appearing twice. To select the second occurrence, enter index as two.
Click the icon beside the UI Control to enter the parameters.
If no values are entered, the Confidence and Index are automatically set to 0.9(90%) and zero, respectively.
The Tool Bar of Actions tab contains the following options:
- Click the Start Recording button to open the Jiffy UILearn floating window and start the familiarization of the User Interface(UI).
- Select the line of action and click the Copy icon to copy a line of action.
- Select the line of action and click the Comment icon to comment on a line of action. The line(s) of actions that are not in use or not required can be commented.
- Select the commented line of action and click the Uncomment icon to uncomment.
- Click the Debug icon to debug the task execution.
- Click the Select all or Deselect all icon to select or deselect all the lines of action at once.
Against each line of action, the following options are provided.
- Click the icon to add new lines of action.
- Click the icon to remove the lines of action.
Click the icon.
- Click the Paste below button to paste the copied line(s) of action at the desired location.
- Click the Execute Till button to execute the task till the selected line of action.
- If no lines are executed in the Actions Tab, debugging starts from the first line of action till the selected line of action.
- Else, debugging starts from the last line of action executed, to the selected line of action. This helps to check the errors during task execution.
Click the icon to add a control statement (If), loop (While) or iteration (Iterate-on).
- While: Enables to design a series of steps that are to be executed repeatedly based on a given condition.
- If: The if statement allows you to control if the steps will be executed or not based on whether a given condition is true or false. If the condition specified in If option is satisfied, the steps following If step gets executed.
- Iterate On: Iterate On option is used to add a “for each” condition to a group of statements so that the group of statements is repeated for the multiple values of the table being iterated on.
To add a While/If/Iterate On step:
- Click the required option from the drop-down.
- Provide the condition by adding the required comparison operator and values.
- Click icon and add steps for the While/If/Iterate On options.
The indentation of the steps will be done automatically.
To execute the steps till the counter variable holds a value less than or equal to 5 and to assign a value to a variable if the counter is equal to 1, the steps can be designed as following:
To come out from the While/If/Iterate On step:
Click the drop-down and click + < option to exit out.